Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Starting from scratch

Apartment decorating for me has been quite the struggle, needless to say after living in my place 2 years now and not one thing is hanging on the walls still! There have been a few things that have delayed this process, but none more than my lack of decision making on what direction to go in.

My apartment to me is like a blank canvas... a clean white slate.. ready to be made into a work of art. Since this is my first real apartment that I claim home to permanently, it's difficult for me to be sure of what to do with it. As I have so many different ideas, and styles that I like, it's hard to decide what to go with.. But time to face reality, and get a move on already! Who has a house warming post 2 yrs party? LOL! Well, while money doesn't grow on trees in my neck of the woods, I know I should start little by little as you can't expect the entire place to be transformed in a day.

For now, I leave this post with a new item I am excited to hang up soon and feature with my other worldly collections - a handmade South African piece of art, gift from my father. I absolutely love it!
(1) it's handmade (2) it's from another country (3) the colors/materials are totally my style.. my Dad knows me well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE ME A COMMENT. I'D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS :)